Saturday, February 20, 2010

Still Alive...

I'm alive! At least I like to think I am, though sometimes I do question it...gotta love being a full time student and part time worker. That and getting one heck of a nasty respiratory infection! Yet life goes on, whether you are enjoying it or not. Anywho, short quick recap since I last posted. I turned 21 and celebrated it with two very important people in my life, Carrie and Heidi. I then got some pretty sweet extensions that I loved! (being smart like I am, I got no pictures of me with them...go figure) By this time it was December and crunch time at where I was working to get ahead for when I quit, plus packing for my move up here to Provo. I had my last day of work then it was Christmas! Such an awesome day :) Then it was time to move up here! I got all settled in and much to soon it was time for my parents to go back home :(. I started my classes and within one week knew that I would never survive in that major. Science and I do not get along at all. 6 weeks later still hating most of my classes, changed my major to English (and so excited about it!), needing to find a new place to live since my current place is upping rent :P, and just doing my best to make it through this semester! Thank heavens for my awesome roommate Janalynn! Best roommate I could ever want right now.

Lately my friends have been getting home from their mission in hordes it feels like! And to top it all off, all of the guys that are getting home that I met my freshman year are all younger than me, needless to say I am feeling very old. I've been thinking a lot about what I have accomplished in my 21 years 4 months of life and can't really think of much. I have so many things I want to do but I just don't do them. I'm hoping to change that! Starting with getting a degree! Once I get that out of the way (and yes I mean Out of the Way!) I will actually have time to do some of the things. Life truly is a precious gift and I am sick of taking it for granted and just sitting on my behind not doing anything. I am determined to become the woman the Lord wants me to and to live my life to it's fullest. I have some of the most amazing people in my life. My parents who are everything to me, my amazing sister who I can't begin to imaging a life without, my three silly older brother's who always keep me on my toes, my best friend Carrie who I miss like crazy and has helped me through some of the most difficult times, my roommate Jana who keeps me laughing, Heidi who always has something to say, my grandparents, my niece and nephew, my brother and sister-in-law and so many other people. With all these people and I have no reason to complain so much. My life is so great, and I know that!

On that note, I leave you with this picture that is an oldie, but reminds me of how much I have. I found it the other day and am so grateful I did. I love my father so much and I am so grateful for everything he has taught me.

No comments: