Thursday, April 9, 2009

Conference Weekend

Conference this weekend was AMAZING! There were so many good things discussed and all of them were applicable to everyone. The leaders of this church truly are Inspired men who love us and want the best for us. In honor of this last weekend here are some of my favorite quotes:

"Success is never measured by how strongly we are tempted, but how strongly we respond." (Elder Robert D. Hales).
"Every child deserves the chance to progress" (Sister Margaret S. Liffereth).
"Help with a smile and without being asked. Be able to say "I have fought the good fight!"" (President Henry B. Eyring).
"It is not important how a man died, but how he has lived" (Elder Rafael E. Pino).
"This IS the work of the Lord" (Elder Richard G. Scott).
"You can't be a lifesaver if you look like all the others on the beach" (Elder Dallin H. Oaks).
"You are never lost when you can see the Temple" (Elder Gary E. Stevenson).
"Our opportunity is to give people hope" (Elder L. Tom Perry).
"Try desperately to take Satan Down" (President Thomas S. Monson).

Obviously these aren't all of the great quotes, only a select few of mine. These quotes are exactly what we should be doing in our everyday life if we want to be able to make it back to our Father in Heaven. I hope that I am living my life in such a way that when I meet my Savior I will be Proud and able to look into his eyes and have his say, Well done ye good and faithful servant.

No comments: